Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year 2012!

Today is January 1st, 2012!! Yippee! Time to start the new year! What do you want to do this year? I am looking forward to completing my last bit of teacher training for my clear credential in teaching art and getting closer to my goal of illustrating children's books! The mural project is the next big project I am looking forward to-  bringing the beauty of the surrounding nature in Rancho Palos Verdes into the children's room at the Miraliste library. I still have much organizing to do, especially on my computer- it has been having trouble even to write this blog! I have a Mac Mini and it doesn't have much memory left.
I am actually really excited because yesterday I organized my book collection, now all of my books are accessible and I can actually see what I have now. I have many books that I have enjoyed as a child, and I want to keep looking at these books to rekindle the spark of what I liked about those alive in my work. Also, in the storytelling workshop with Marshall Vandruff, he explained that the first step to creating your own story is to look at stories you love. I'll talk to you about my favorites another time. In the meantime, let's get ready for 2012!




No comments:

Post a Comment