Saturday, November 16, 2013

Skadamo #16 More Digital Painting

The theme today is spit painting! There is a group on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1402563099961950/ that does daily spit paintings which are basically timed 30 minute paintings. My teacher decided to extend this idea to our digital painting class, so we did 3- 30 minute spit paintings today, looking at a reference picture. I have to say, it makes me feel like I can't paint, but it is a great way to strengthen digital painting skills and be able to get the hang of an efficient process, keeping things simple while making it look like a photo from far away. I am a bit embarrassed to show my 1st spit paintings, but here they are! I apologize, sources are unknown as I saved from pinterest and did not get a name of the artists. If you know who they are, please let me know so I can give credit. Thanks for looking!

Spit painting # 1



2 comments:

  1. it looks great what you can do with digital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great work:) I'm not very good in spit painting. You asked how we work,well... usually if there something more realistic or in comics style Andrea does the pencils and I ink them. When there are children's illustrations I draw them.About the color we both can do it.

    ReplyDelete