Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

I Love You, Rain or Shine- Pen & Watercolor-4x5"
Here is a sketch of the day to say Happy Valentines Day to all around the world. Every day should be a day where we celebrate love for ourselves, friends, family, and lovers. The style I used is a bit more toned down than my usual bright colors, but I am having fun experimenting with limited palette and this one in particular is inspired by the delightful honest simplicity and sensitivity of the illustrations in the book Juniper that I adored growing up. There is really nothing like it, and I felt it fit the mood of this image. I would like to challenge you all to come up with what you think the inside text of this card should say, whoever comes up with the best, gets a copy of this sketch!
childhood inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment